The suitcase above is by local artist Vicki Toriello-Farmer. I'm not leaving town! It just symbolizes our dynamic local arts community. Ms. Toriello-Farmer's work is featured on the "about.com" DIY fashion page (about.com is owned by the NYTimes).
Dear People: It's a double whammy: Village Council meetings both tonight (2/2) and tomorrow night (2/3). Tonight will be a regular meeting, with a very full agenda, and tomorrow night we'll be taking our first look at the proposed budget for the year. Both meetings are 7 pm in the Bryan Center.
Unfortunately, due to obligations at school, I have to cancel my office hours today. Please feel free to call me at home if you need to get together; I might be able to meet people later in the afternoon.
Remember that our meeting packets are online!
1. LEGISLATION: A resolution authorizing paying our annual dues ($1,500) for the Business First organization, which helps support, retain, and expand local businesses.
2. SPECIAL REPORTS: Matt Derr, of the Antioch Alumni/Continuation Corp, will give an update on Negotiations, future of Antioch College.
3. OLD BUSINESS:
- Safe Routes to School, report by Ed Amrhein
- Economic Development w/ Michael Shuman; follow up report (Smart Growth). They've prepared a detailed overview of his talks, his leakage analysis, and published citizen evaluations
- Visioning/Planning Update: The Visioning Group should have 3 possibie consultants to recommend to Council.
- We'll be discussing/ planning to update our lease with the Library. (The Village owns the building which is leased to the Greene County Library system)
4. NEW BUSINESS:
- 2009 Goals Update: we have the notes from our discussion typed out
- We're planning to look at the Bryan Center Guidelines that we give to groups that rent the spaces in the building.
Tomorrow night: 2009 BUDGET. We do not yet have our copies of this document, so I cannot, unfortunately, be any more specific. Needless to say, however, this is probably the key factor in determining what will get done in the coming year. Please attend!