Saturday, January 10, 2009

Shuman deadline today; Mon: no office hours, yes PC; new VC schedule


Dear People: TODAY is the deadline to sign up for next weekend's workshop with Michael Shuman, Jan 17-18. (Note: His Friday night presentation is totally open and requires no reservations; but the workshop, while free to anyone who signs up, does require an RSVP.) See the attached overview for more information/background.

To reserve a spot, contact Megan Bachman or Dimi Reber (shoot me an email and I'll give you their contact info.)

Monday is the Planning Commission meeting, we'll be discussing the Comprehensive Plan.

Monday is also the first day that Wittenberg is in session and, while I don't teach until Tuesday, I have a lot of work to do for which I need to be on campus. So, I'm canceling my office hours. Do of course feel free to

Now, over the next two months we have a veritable carnival of Village Council regular and special meetings. Here they are and their primary purposes:

Jan 20th: regular mtg CANCELED. Happy inauguration!
Jan 26th: Council goals for 2009 session, 7 pm
[Feb 2nd: regular meeting]
Feb 3rd: First Budget workshop (7pm)
[Feb 16th: regular meeting]
Feb 23rd: Second Budget workshop (7:30 pm)
Feb 28th: Third Budget workshop (9-12 am)

On top of those meetings, I'll be attending the regular PC on Feb 9, and EC on Feb 12 & 26.

By the way, I'm not sure if I've recently told y'all that my major emails to you are archived, and generally accompanied by pictures!, at my blog, askelandforcouncil.blogspot.com, which is available to anyone in the world who wants to look at it/subscribe to it. Feel free to share that link with anyone you think might be interested.

Oh, and if you get tired, or are tired, of receiving these emails, or would rather just check/subscribe to my blog periodically, feel free to tell me and I'll take you off the list--I won't be offended!

Best,
Lori

No comments: